Make-up and skin care in one? Yes, please! BB and CC creams are a great choice if you don’t like the look or feel of make-up but would like to have some of the coverage or colour correction of a foundation or concealer, while also caring for your skin. Wondering how and when to apply BB creams or CC creams for the best results and what the benefits are of these multi-tasking products? Read on!
- sWHAT ARE BB AND CC CREAMS
- sWHEN TO USE A BB CREAM OR A CC CREAM
- sHOW TO USE A BB CREAM OR A CC CREAM
- sTRY OLAY'S BB CREAM
WHAT ARE BB AND CC CREAMS
Simply put, BB creams (blemish balms or beauty balms) and CC creams (colour correctors or complexion correctors) are one part make-up and one part moisturiser. When comparing the two, a BB cream is essentially a tinted moisturiser that helps cover certain skin imperfections and hydrates your skin, while a CC cream reduces the appearance of imperfections and uneven skin tone. BB creams give you a lighter coverage than a foundation, but they’re great at evening out your skin tone and hydrating your skin. A CC cream offers slightly more coverage (although that can highly differ by shade and brand) and could be an excellent choice for those with enlarged pores, or uneven skin texture.
WHEN TO USE A BB CREAM OR A CC CREAM
Here are a few examples of when you might opt for a BB cream or a CC cream:
Morning rush. No time to put on a full face of make-up? No worries! Depending on your make-up preferences you might be able to just use a BB cream or CC cream, so you’re ready to go and show off your natural glow.
Travel. It’s always a hassle deciding what to take with you. What if you want to spend the day at the beach but transition effortlessly to dinner? BB creams and CC creams are a great choice when you just want a little light coverage without the hassle of a full made-up look.
The “no make-up” make-up look. Popping on a little BB or CC cream can cover minor skin imperfections, like uneven skin tone or redness, for that beautifully natural, no make-up look.
Avoiding irritation. Sometimes you may want to give your skin a break without forgoing some light coverage. For those days when you want to go make-up free or when your skin is breaking out, a BB cream or CC cream is the perfect compromise. These creams can give you just enough coverage while still letting your skin breathe.
Wondering whether a BB or a CC cream is best for you? Discover more about the differences between BB creams and CC creams.
HOW TO USE A BB CREAM OR A CC CREAM
Here’s our step-by-step guide for the best results whether you’re applying a BB cream or a CC cream:
1. Match your skin tone. One of the most important things is to buy a BB or CC cream that’s closest to your natural skin tone, and test the product on a testing strip and in different lights, if possible.
2. Test if possible. If you can, test the product on a testing strip. Try to tap a small amount on the strip and then hold it next to your face to check if it’s close enough to your skin tone in colour. It’s also a great idea to check it in different lights, if possible.
3. Use a small amount. No need to go overboard with either BB or CC creams, a smaller amount will typically do. Pump it on the back of your hand to control the amount you need.
4. Use the 5-dot technique. Use your middle or ring finger to put five little dots of cream on your face – on your chin, on your nose, on your forehead and on your cheeks. Distribute them evenly when you apply them, so the five dots should be about the same size. No need to smear them just yet, that’s coming up next.
5. Blend in the cream. If you’re a pro, gently and evenly blend it into your skin all over your face, using your fingertips, a brush, or a make-up sponge. If you’re not as experienced, just dab a small amount on your cheeks, nose, forehead and chin, then pat the cream into place.
6. Protect your eyes. Make sure you don’t rub or pull on the skin of the delicate eye area when applying the cream as this can lead to fine lines.
7. Check the results. Have a look in the mirror and see if you’ve reached the desired outcome. If not, feel free to add a little more, or put any make-up over it for some further highlighting or concealing.
TRY OLAY'S BB CREAM
There are loads of BB and CC creams to choose from and sometimes it can be hard to figure out which one is best for your needs and skin tone. Luckily, the shades of BB and CC creams are fairly forgiving, but it’s best to start with the one that’s closest to your skin tone.
Olay Total Effects BB Cream Fair to Medium instantly evens out your complexion with a touch of foundation as well as nourishing and protecting your skin to deliver 7 benefits in 1: hydrating, boosting glow, evening skin tone, minimising pores visibly, smoothing and plumping, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and protecting from environmental factors such as UVA/UVB rays with its SPF 15 protection.
ARTICLESYOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
What Is The Difference Between CC Cream And BB Cream?
If you like the look of foundation but not the heavy feel, BB and CC creams are for you! These products are one-part make-up and one-part moisturiser. They have some pigment to help even out your skin tone but are sheer enough to look and feel completely natural. While BB and CC creams share a ton of common characteristics, they’re not quite the same. Read on to discover what the difference is between CC and BB creams, what their main skin benefits are, as well as how to use them as part of your daily skin care routine.
How to get glowing skin – Tips for clear, radiant skin
Everyone wants glowing skin—skin so healthy-looking that it just radiates. Does your skin tend to seem dull, or do you have skin concerns that affect your confidence? Don’t let any of these prevent you from achieving beautiful, balanced skin. Read on to understand the possible reasons why your skin may seem dull and get useful beauty tips for glowing skin.
How to Effectively Cleanse Your Face IN 3 STEPS
Cleansing your face is the cornerstone of beautiful, glowing skin. Cleansing removes dirt, impurities, grime and make-up so your skin regimen, eye cream, moisturiser, serum or oil, can have maximum effect.